HubSpot is a developer and marketer of software products for inbound marketing and sales. It was founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah in 2006
HubSpot offers a full stack of software for marketing, sales, and customer success, with a completely free CRM at its core. They’re powerful alone — but even better when used together (hubspot.com)
Hubspot’s CEO, Brian Halligan has a “unwavering vision” of what it will take to build HubSpot into a once-in-a-generation company.
“Brian knows how to separate useful data from vanity metrics, and he’s quick to let you know what truly counts as an indicator of how our company is faring at delivering on its promise”.
– Meghan Anderson “The 5 Social Media Metrics Your CEO actually cares about”
Brian Halligan cares about 5 social media Metrics
1) Channel Reports- Most marketers are spending more than 6 hours a week on social media marketing, trying to grow their audience and attract visitors. And with all of the social channels available. (blog.hubsot.com)
HubSpot’s customer, can find data in the Sources report and customer’s can export it and share along with their own organizations along with the other data provided that is needed for social media decision-making.
2) ROI Data- Hubspot plugs their into a contact database (or A CRM) . By doing Hubspot allows to connect marketing activity to sales activity. The data is used to see how social media contributes to their overal marketing strategy for future decisions.
3) Customer Response Rates– More and more customers are taking to social channels to raise questions, express frustrations, or otherwise engage with the companies they buy from.
4) Opportunity Response Rates- 54% of salespeople can track at least one closed deal back to social media engagement.(blog.hubspot.com)
5) Reach and Virality- if you tweeted your article and you have 1,000 followers compared to your competitors’ 50 followers, you have a much better chance of generating social shares and a much better chance of ranking in search.
Lessons for Others
The best way to measure reach numbers are through social media channel’s own analytics sections. This is helpful when it comes to know what content is working with your consumers and which content is not. It will also let you know who your audiences are and where they are from.
Industry: Software Development
Name of Organization Contact: Unable to meet one at this time
Authored by: Laura D
If you have concerns as to the accuracy of anything posted on this site, please send your concerns to Peter Carr, Program Director, Social Media for Business Performance.